We do not provide canoeing, kayaking or rafting sessions or equipment to individuals or families, just to organisations and clubs using their own instructor.
The following charges apply for 2023:
Hire of kayak / canoe / raft:
- Youth groups eg schools, cadets, scouts, guides etc:
> £8 / session per person for adhoc bookings
> £6 / session per person for regular bookings eg a 6 week course.
- Non youth groups eg commercial hiring:
> £12 / session per person
Hire of accommodation:
- Any hirer:
> £20 per session
- 9.00am - 1.00pm
- 1.30pm - 5.30pm
- 6.00pm - 10:00pm
NB - Discounted rates are available for regular / bulk bookings. Please ask for details when you contact us.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The basic terms and conditions:
- Session times includes time to setup and clear away.
- Hirers of kayaks, canoes and rafts must provide evidence of competency.
- Instructors are not included in any water activity session charges.
- Charges for water activity sessions includes use of the centre building.
The centres full terms and conditions can be downloaded below.
The aim of the Deben Water Sports Centre is to provide a quality facility for groups, schools and organisations to access the waterfront at Woodbridge.
We can provide:
- Kayaks, canoes and rafting equipment to support groups undertaking water activities using their own instructors.
- A multi-use classroom / workshop for groups wanting to run their own courses, training events, activities etc.
We do not provide:
- Canoeing, kayaking or rafting equipment or provide sessions on the water to individuals or families.
See clubs for options for these.
However we can provide:
- A building for parties, barbecues, meetings etc.
The centre’s Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s) define the responsibilities and duties of centre members relating to water sports undertaken at the centre.
To book our facilities or to make an enquiry please go to our booking enquiry page and enter your requirements.
To find out about clubs and organisations that provide water activities using the DWSC facilities please go to the clubs page.